Please print the above application(s) and either bring them to our offices, email them to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (434) 234-4773.
Cavalier Produce is a locally owned wholesale distribution company. We’ve recently relocated to our new facility in the Ferncliff area of Louisa County. For more than 15 years, the owners have created a casual, friendly environment that is a great place to work. We are the promise and partner to help our clients make their culinary passion a reality.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Cavalier Produce, a growing provider of produce and food service items to restaurants and institutions in Virginia, is seeking an Operations Manager who has the skills, knowledge, and determination to ensure our continued success.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for directing all activities in the facility necessary to operate and support a warehouse at maximum efficiency. You will perform a variety of management, administrative, and leadership functions to ensure the timely and accurate receiving, storage, and delivery of products. You will also collaboratively work with the team and staff to ensure that operational efficiency, safety, and controls are maintained within the warehouse. As a growing enterprise will need to look to continually improve processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and possess a background in an active, 24 hour warehouse operation. They will have outstanding leadership skills and be able to work effectively through their department heads.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Have five plus years of successful warehouse operations experience.
- Have two plus years of experience as a successful assistant operations manager or operations manager.
- Foodservice industry experience is a plus.
- Possess a proven track record of process improvement with a growing company.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems independently and with sound judgement.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities under stress of deadlines.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and coordinate multiple priorities.
- The ability to handled detailed information is a consistent, timely, and reliable manner.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Proficiency with inventory management and related software.
- OSHA certification for forklift and other warehouse machinery use.
- Ability and willingness to regularly work Saturdays and Sunday on rotating basis.
- Possess the ability to stand for four or more hours at a time on hard surfaces and in cold temperature.
- Regularly manipulate items with arms, wrists, and hands for up to four hours at a time while operating machinery, organizing and packing products, keeping house, and other related tasks.
- Be able to climb ladders on a regular basis with ease.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Bend, stretch, reach overhead, twist, and move, as needed, to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and benefits based on experience and abilities.